1. How Fruit Bat turns into a horrific rendition of himself every week day at exactly 3:10 when he emerges from his small elementary school and into my waiting arms. And how that growling, thrashing alter ego of his lasts until he gets one hot dog, an allergen-free granola bar and some dried cranberries into his system. Then he is mostly okay.
2. How I'm about to get out the slow cooker again and am looking for decent recipes that do not involve cream-of-anything soup. Not that I am against cream-of-anything soup. I love it in all its forms (chicken, celery, asparagus and especially mushroom). But the dairy. It makes my hands itch. And it gives Fruit Bat some wicked hives. Not that he'd eat anything other than the foods listed above! And maybe some chicken nuggets. As long as they're not spicy. Oh, the spice. It is evil.
3. How I am capable of discussing things other than food allergies. Really!
4. How my Half Assed Kitchen blog is surpassing All Adither in traffic volume even though I treat All Adither like a fragile, gifted child whose hand I must hold while attending to Half Assed Kitchen in, well, a rather half assed fashion. The scrappy younger child who shrugs its shoulders and harumphs: Whatever. I'll take what I can get. I have no ads (which is FINE) or blogroll. But I am redesigning the banner. And am, in fact, planning an entire Half Assed empire (more polished and with a sister blog called Half Assed Home and better photography).
5. How a well-respected Seattle parenting publication has assigned me a story and, though I haven't done any reporting in a very long time, I'm excited and energized about getting out there and writing for print again.
6. How good hot tea tastes at 9:53 am PST.
7. How much I enjoyed the weekend. The sun! The husband who was around and who was helpful and sweet and who laughed so hard at Fruit Bat doing his 70s rocker arm wind up while Kitty Cat sang some unintelligible song that he almost cried (while I DID cry).
8. How you should go read these blogs because I think they're really good and because I've not done very well at promoting bloggers who I think deserve it (and because you're not on this list doesn't mean you don't deserve it. It means your turn is COMING).