1. Coffee with an old friend you know so well that you feel not one shred of nervousness and no need to plan things to talk about, because conversation will, of course, come effortlessly.
2. Watching your children ask the neighbors if they're "available to play" and seeing the earnest, hopeful look on their faces.
3. Warm evenings and cold beer.
4. 100% cotton sheets.
5. The gritty-smooth cover of a brand new book, just waiting to be cracked open and begun.
6. Brightly-colored paper lanterns.
7. The velvety cushions that are your daughter's cheeks.
8. The first sip of hot coffee in the morning.
9. Comfortable shoes that are not ugly.
10. The ceramic hen and rooster that used to belong to your grandmother. That now sit on top of your kitchen cupboard and watch, every day, as you move from sink to stove to refrigerator, and back again.