Okay, we did do those things. But not in immediate succession and not with a !!!!!! sense of joy. Though it was nice to be able to take Max and Claire somewhere they really love to go. Personally, I think they've outgrown the Children's Museum, but they don't share that opinion.
Apparently tomorrow is Thanksgiving. Since I've spent my week kvetching, I thought I should partake in the Grateful List. (Take into account that I am, of course, above all else, grateful that my family, good friends, and I are well-fed, sheltered, healthy and at times even mentally stable.)
I'm grateful for...
• The Library. I've sworn off buying books on a regular basis. I was whipping through them too fast and spending a lot. I've recently discovered, though, that the library is for more than just storytime and picture books. They stock actual novels, too. Good ones!
• A husband who, yesterday, offered to walk from his downtown office up to 9th and Seneca in the bitter cold to pick up some tickets for me and the kids.
• Goose down.
• Cinnamon. Love it sprinkled in my coffee grounds.
• Iron Supplements. Without which I'd be a rag doll heaped on the floor. Staring up at the world through my black button eyes.
• A mother-in-law willing to play 500 rounds of Chutes and Ladders and clean up after me in the kitchen.
• Cats and their ear fur.
• Rain. Which will soon come and wash the snow away.
• Lip balm.
• A new oven whose exhaust fan will not be groaning through three hours of turkey roasting.
• Turkey roasting.
• Songs sung in French.
• Boots. Tall, short, sturdy, impractical.
• A job that is not my life's work, but that I like for now.
• Reading glasses.
• Sledding. As long as I don't get too cold. Or wet.
• Taking moody photos that I can hardly wait to upload and convert to black and white.
• You guys. Thanks so incredibly much for reading.